- Name (CN): Yao Xie
- National: China, People’s Republic of
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
- Phone: 1(310)923-5967
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Sep. 2017 - present
M.S of Computer Science, GPA: 4.0/4.0
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) Sep. 2013 - Jun. 2017
B.S of Computer Science & Technology, GPA: 3.83/4.3, Teaching Assistant of Data Structure Course
Microsoft, APGC CSS Jun. 2016 - Sep. 2016
Support Engneer Intern
- Provided technical solutions to Microsoft core product System Center Conguration Manager by debugging, log tracing, and error reproducing.
- Created reports using SQL in Visual Studio for personnel information retrival.
- Won 1st place (Project Mr. Chorder) in Microsoft Young Hackathon at Shanghai site.
Center for Vision, Cognition, Learning and Autonomy (VCLA) Oct. 2017 -
Advisor: Prof. Song-chun Zhu
- Causal Relation and Computer Vision.
Drone-Based Wireless Relay Mar. 2016 - Jul. 2016
Advisor: A.P. Linghe Kong
- Developed a novel online algorithm to solve the problem of finding optimal relay location for drones under emergencies.
- The paper was accepted in the 22nd IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS) 2016.
- Design a relay establishment system and the patent is in public status (China).
High-definition Video Wireless Transmission Optimization Design (C++, MATLAB, Python) Apr. 2017 - Jun. 2017 [Link]
- Developed an optimal relay location algorithm using Tensor Recovery in MATLAB for high-denition video wireless transmission where obstructions exist.
- Implemented a three-end system on three laptops (sender, relay, receiver) using C++ and a Python-controlled Roomba iRobot for real-life application.
- Achieved up to 5 times better performance in relay quality, stability than traditional solutions, and demonstrated the ability to environment adjustment.
MR. Chorder, A Music File-to-Score Transformer (C#) Aug. 2016 [Link]
- Implemented the music score prediction module using Decision Tree (a machine learning method).
- Implemented a PDF render library for music scores using iTextSharp.
Video Based Multi-Object Tracking System (MATLAB) Oct. 2015 - Dec. 2015 [Link]
- Developed a software system that could track multiple people in videos, and output the marked videos.
- Implemented modules for user registration/login, video analysis, video save/review.
Android Based Car Controlling (JAVA) Oct. 2015 - Dec. 2015 [Link]
- Developed an android application that could control the movement of a toy car through Bluetooth.
- Implemented multiple controlling methods, such as voice recognition (using iFLYTEK Open Platform speech technology), screen gesture, gravity (using Gyro/Acceleration sensors).
Game 2048, New Version of A Mobile Game (C++) Jul. 2014 - Aug. 2014 [Link]
- Implemented a desktop verision of the popular mobile game 2048 from scratch.
- Implemented additional functions, such as music/theme changing, alternative modes, etc.
- Paper: Yao Xie, Xiao-Yang Liu, Linghe Kong, Fan Wu, Guihai Chen, Athanasios V. Vasilakos, “Drone-Based Wireless Relay using Online Tensor Update”, IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS), 2016. [PDF] [Link]
- Patent: Linghe Kong, Yao Xie, Fan Wu, Yifeng Cao, Xiao-Yang Liu, Guihai Chen, “Drone-Based Optimal Relay Locating Mehtod and System”, public, China, 2016.
Scholarships & Awards
- Excellent Graduate of SJTU Jun. 2017
- Scholarship for Academic Excellence, SJTU Nov. 2014, 2015, 2016
- CCF Certified Software Professionals (Top 3.61%) Sep. 2015
- Meritorious Winner (acceptance 9%), Mathematical Contest in Modeling Apr. 2015 [Cert]
- Arawana Scholarship (total 30 at SJTU) Nov. 2014
Skills & Membership
Programming Languages C/C++, C#, Python, JAVA, MATLAB, LATEX, SQL
Platfroms Windows, Linux, Visual Studio, Android Studio.
IEEE Member Student.
ACM Member Student.
Penta Hackathon II Judge.